“Our neighborhood organization would like to hold a small celebration on our plaza, featuring performances by local musicians as well as food and retail vendors.”

︎︎︎ SAPO “Plaza Event Permit
A Plaza Event Permit is required to hold any activities within a pedestrian plaza in which the activity will obstruct or interfere with regular use of the plaza. Permit fees vary by event size, location, and plaza category, and APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE INSURED FOR A MINIMUM OF $`MILLION.  

︎︎︎ NYFD “Generator Permit
A permit from NYFD is required for any use of portable generators with fuel storage tank capacity exceeding two and half gallons of gasoline and/or ten gallons of diesel.

︎︎︎ NYPD “Sound Device Permit
A permit from your local NYPD precinct is required to use amplified sounds (and/or sound devices) at any plaza event.

︎︎︎ DOT “Public Plaza 29-Day Concession Permit
A concession permit is required for concessionaires/businesses to operate on a plaza. The concession may be as simple as a table or tent, or as complex as a specially-designed freestanding structure. With this permit, concessionaires may only operate a single concession in a designated high- or medium-need NYC DOT plaza for 29 days within a 365-day period.

︎︎︎ DCWP “Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit
A Temporary Food Service Establishment (TFSE) Permit may be issued to businesses selling or serving food from vending booths, stands, kiosks, vehicles or carts at special events. In addition, all Temporary Food Service Establishment facilities must have a supervising manager who has passed an NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Food Protection Course on site at all times. The supervisor's Food Protection Certificate is required to be on site at the time of an event.